Friday, January 29, 2010

Lamb to the Slaughter, Mary Maloney

This is how I think Mary Maloney might have written her diary entry after the story:

Today, I killed my husband, Patrick Maloney. The police have just left the house, and they ate the entire "murder weapon". To my surprise, I feel no regret or remorse. Could it be that I no longer love him? No, I loved him with all my heart. Could it then be that I have become emotionally unstable that I cannot even comprehend my own feelings? Besides, he was in the wrong and he deserved it.

Anyway, I do not think that I would be caught of this crime I have commited. His body does not have my fingerprints, the murder weapon has been eaten up by the policemen and they did not even suspect a single thing! Besides there is no other evidence. I did no wrong in covering my crime. Before all this, I was happy; I was contented. Everything in life seemed perfect, till he told me he loved someone else and wanted a divorce.

No point looking at what has been done now. What's important now is my baby. What if I am found out? Would the baby and I both be sentenced to death? No, I will not let that happen, I will give birth to my little boy and I will raise him to be someone better than his father. I loved you so much Patrick, why did you have to do this to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment