Sunday, February 6, 2011

In-Class Blog-Writing Prompt #7 (Term 1)

Who is your favourite fictional character, and why? What makes him or her memorable for you? This character can be from a book, short story, play, movie, comic book, manga, anime series, etc., as long as it is fictional.


I would say that I don't really have a fictional character that I like best, but it really depends on my mood as to what type of fiction I feel like immersing in. For example, most of the time I would be interested in fiction that contains some action. Then my favourite thing to go to would be X-Men. My favourite character in X-Men, is none other than Wolverine. I have read the comics, watch the movie, and even have the game that was made specially to tell the origins of wolverine. What makes him so memorable to me is actually his immortality, being able to heal wounds almost instantly, and the fact that his bones have been reinforced with adamantium to such a stage where they are almost unbreakable.

I like how he is such a serious person, or rather beast, with so much bloody action going on with his life, and yet when he meets some other mutants(Jean Grey, Beast, Cyclops etc.), he's able to
maintain a certain sense of humour. The story only gets more interesting when he fathers a son that only wishes to kill him, and the battle of immortals begin.

Other favourite characters of mine would be mainly Princess Peach from Super Mario and Gandalf from Lord of The Rings.

No comments:

Post a Comment