Monday, May 24, 2010

E-Learning, May 25, 2010 (con't)

LESSON 2

In lesson 2 we had to post some comments on the facebook group discussion board. Apart from that we also had to compose our own poem on our primary school days. So here is the poem I composed:

The teacher walks in,
and looks at the bin.
What is all this trash?
Somebody better clear this mess!

Her marker is like an arrow,
which flies just like a sparrow.
Oh! She has a lot,
So don't ever drift off into a deep slumber
or you definitely would be shot.

Do not speak a word of English during Chinese lessons,,
the consequence is divine.
Well I replid my teacher, "Alright!",
and I definitely paid the fine.

I had no money for recess,
but surely my friends had some excess.
"Don't mind me I'm just staying for a chat,"
slowly I stuck my hand in their pockets,
trust me they never smelt a rat.

Okay so now I shall explain my poem.



The teacher walks in,
and looks at the bin.
What is all this trash?
Somebody better clear this mess!



So what this stanza means is that when the class starts and the teacher looks at the rubbish bin, she would be very angry because everybody would just throw their rubbish in their but nobody bothered to clear it, making it overflow. This happened EVERYDAY in my primary school.



Her marker is like an arrow,
which flies just like a sparrow.
Oh! She has a lot,
So don't ever drift off into a deep slumber
or you definitely would be shot.



This talks about a few of my friends last time, when they would fall asleep in class and the teacher would throw the marker at them to wake them up. Well, it didn't really hurt from what I heard.



Do not speak a word of English during Chinese lessons,,
the consequence is divine.
Well I replied my teacher, "Alright!",
and I definitely paid the fine.



This is perhaps one of the most memorable things in my primary school. We had this system that during Chinese lessons, we are not allowed to speak a single word of english or anything other languages, unless the teacher specified to allow it for explaning purposes. If we did, we would have to pay 50cents and all the money when to this class fund, which at the end of the year would be used to buy something for the entire class. For my class we managed to afford two pizzas! Just imagine how many times we were caught. The teacher would sometimes also trick us to see if we are alert, for example the stanza in my poem where I answered the teacher with "Alright!" and got caught! The real killer actually lies when students are explaining. This is because they tend to use the word "then". I think that took up 80percent of the fines. Nevertheless, that has allowed me to totally switch to Chinese and English when I want too, which is something I feel I learnt and very valuable to my future.



I had no money for recess,
but surely my friends had some excess.
"Don't mind me I'm just staying for a chat,"
slowly I stuck my hand in their pockets,
trust me they never smelt a rat.



This doesn't really speak about me, but I was more of referring to the other people who were like that. They had very little pocket money and so they would just steal. Yes, a very horrible thing in my school is stealing. Although this is not a right thing to do, pickpockets would find some way to make it back up to us, for example when they win a prize and have some money they would treat us to a meal. So basically they would steal from us, tell us about it, and return it to us. Weird isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment