Sunday, February 28, 2010

Journal According to Patrick Maloney

This is for my E-learning, and as my highest intelligence is Intrapersonal, I will be doing the journal entry according to Patrick Maloney before the events that happen, which is, his death.

Dear diary,

Never have I expected that things would come to this. The day we met was like a hit-and-run and I still taste it on my tongue. It was all so forced. At that point of time, I felt like the luckiest man on earth. My wife was beautiful, talented, loving and always cooked the best meals I have ever ate in my entire life. Within only 6 months after we met, we got married. Church bells rang, flowers were thrown in the air and cheers of joy were heard. I was contented. Then I soon found the flaw, in the "perfect woman". She is overly paranoid. In the morning, she asks me what I am going to do for work today and if my work would finish late. During work she calls me fifteen times, just to check if I am doing fine. When I come back from work, she bombards me with questions like, "Honey, what case did you investigate today?" and "How come you reek of alchol?". At first, I felt this was just her love and concern for me, but after two years, I had enough of it.

One night, she came to me and said, "Don't you something missing in the house dear? There should be children laughing and calling us. Shall we have a baby, honey?". I thought that if we had a baby, she would perhaps be more occupied with taking care of it, and would not be so paranoid over me all the time and thus, I agreed.

Now, It's been 4 months since that night. I did something horrible. The next closest woman to me apart from my mother, would be my colleague. I have been with her fighting crime for as long as I can remember. I knew she had always carried a torch for me, but I ended up with my wife, Mary. During that night, I found out that all along, I had feelings for this woman. That I was never serious about the relationship between Mary and I. Now, I know that what I am about to do tomorrow is something people will say an act of unfaithfulness. I too, do not know how to break this news to her.

I have thought of keeping my relationship with my colleague from Mary but I thought that she had the right to know. What is the point of staying with someone I no longer love? Nevertheless, I will provide for her and still treat the child in her baby as if I had never divorced with her. Tomorrow, I will lift this burden off my heart, and embark on a new and exciting life with my new found love. Hopefully.

Signing off,
Patrick Maloney

No comments:

Post a Comment