Thursday, April 15, 2010

Compulsory Blog Post 10 - Bodily/Kinesthetic

Okay, so this is the last blog post for the week! I have chosen to do on a ramdom intelligence, as I felt that trying out another field might be a good learning experience for me. So this is the question:



Identify a person in a pose that represents how Lila reacts in EACH of these instances in the novel:
a. When she offered flowers to the sacred rock in the sea
b. When the medicine-man arrived to help her mother
c. When Pinto is poisoned



I guess this is quite straigthforward, but we also have to describe what each pose means and give a brief description on each picture. So here is my first picture:



This picture displays task(a), when Lila offers flowers to the sacred rock in the sea. Well I thought it would be quite meaningless to just get pictures from the internet, supply their links and give a brief description of them, so I went ahead to start the Adobe Photoshop software and did some manipulation of the pictures on my own. So in this picture, Lila is bending down, offering some flowers to the sacred rock. See if you can identify what I photoshop into it! Here is the link:

clipartof.com-girl



Well here is my second picture:



Well, I would say I spent quite sometime editing this image. Firstly, I had to find a man that looked more to the tribal side. Then I had to find a stick. So I resized the stick, lasso it, shifted this here and there, used the patch tool and there you have it! So after spending twenty minutes I managed to fit in the stick nicely. Well blame it on my inexperience. I also had to change the ground on which the cow was standing on to make it match the other pictures, and added some medicine bags hanging from it. All this shows the medicine man approaching the shack of Lila's family, which was broken and dirty, with his cow that was carrying his medicine. Here are the links:

lifesize-models.co.uk-medicine man

www.google.com




Last but not least, my final picture:



I have to admit, the photoshop process was soon taking up A LOT of time, so while doing this picture, I decided to just add two pictures together. This pose shows Lila crying, as she was devastated to see her dog, Pinto die. The cause of Pinto's death was thought to be by the man that wanted to look for their father on the other day, but in my opinion, it could be when when Pinto was bitten by a poisonous snake when they had to visit Hari-Bhai. These are the links:

clipartof.com-dog

etc.usf.edu-girl crying



Overall, I really enjoyed the process of making this blog post. Though the content may not seem much, but I really spent a lot of effort on learning how to use photoshop to manipulate the pictures so that this blog post would be more meaningful. I hope you have enjoyed reading my blog post as much as I enjoyed making it and I will be posting my next blog post soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment