Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Compulsory Blog Post 8 - Linguistic

So today I have decided to work on my second highest intelligence - Linguistic. I have chosen to do question (a), where I have to imagine that I am a journalist and I have to write a newspaper article. The title of this article is "Urbanisation Arrives in Thul". So here is my article:


Wednesday, April 14, 2010



Urbanisation Arrives in Thul


Change is inevitable. Our world has evolved by a huge margin. Our technologies have improved. Yesterday's science-fiction is today's newest item on the market. The Ipod, GPS, and even computers were thought to be impossible in ancient times. Change will come, and there's no stopping it, so we might as well face it. As fast as we are getting better, there are still some places which are slower, and sometimes these places have to be "forced" to change.

Thul is a small, peaceful village. Most people there are either farmers or fishermen. The bulidings there are shacks and wooden houses, all sign of an interruption in change. This will change soon, for organisations and countries are planning to industrialise the are by building their factories there. The old, dirty shacks and houses will be removed and the high rise buildings will be erected.

Many in Thul are protesting against this. They protest that doing this is tantamount to removing their culture. They protest that doing this is the same as destroying their history and they protest that doing this is no different from removing them.

The reason why Thul is chosen to be used to build so many factories, is largely contributed by its large and flat land, which is perfect to erect structures. Rumours state that protesters in Thul plan to rebel against the various countries, but rebel or not, urbanisation will come to Thul.



Well that is my article! Besides creating this article, I researched on some of the information on writing newspaper articles. This is a website that I have found to be very good and I hope to share it with you people:http://newspaper-journalism.suite101.com/article.cfm/how_to_write_a_newspaper_article
Thank you for spending time reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment