Tuesday, January 25, 2011

In-Class Blog-Writing Prompt #4 (Term 1)

Write a reflection on the "Comic Strip" Home Learning lesson that you completed yesterday.

I have had prior experience on creating comic strips in primary school before, but I never came across Toondoo(considering it is more of a place for "non-artist"s as they say). I feel that out of all the E-Learning sessions we had for LA from this year and last year, this was my favourite. I had many ideas on what to do for my comic strip, but I felt a maximum of 2 was too little to tell a story. It was enough to tell a message though. While using toondoo I was very limited to the characters and images they had there, and though we could import images, it wouldn't really fit, and trying to cartoonise it would be consuming too much time. Even then, I really enjoyed the entire process of creating the comic strip, and posting my hard work on my blog after one and a half hour.

What did you learn from the experience? Did you enjoy the assignment? Would you create more comic strips in the future?

The main thing I learnt from this experience was that, making a comic strip doesn't always have to be for humour, or just for fun. It can also be used to tell a story, to learn and improve your composition skills. I would say that this was one of the assignments that I enjoyed the most, from brainstorming about my theme or message, to choosing a nice background and characters, and putting it all together! I would definitely create more comic strips in the future, for fun and for the benefit of my English.

No comments:

Post a Comment