Wednesday, January 26, 2011

In-Class Blog-Writing Prompt #5 (Term 1)

Describe a situation in which you collaborated intensely and at length with another person (Projects Day, CIP/Consortium event OS, creative product, etc.)

One such situation would really be an event, but not a event that was held by Hwa Chong. This event was called ISpace, where we would organise this event every year for the primary school Infocomm Club members to visit Science centre, ISpace. This would open up their eyes to our current technologies and also broaden their perspective on Infocomm through talks. So basically I was usually part of the logistics team, and my job was to contact vendors for the lunch buffets, to prepare name tags for all the students, and work closely with the public relations team to make this event a success. It is indeed hard work every year, but it pays off when I see the primary school students learning something actually of use to their Infocomm path.

What did you learn about your own abilities to cooperate and work together during your collaboration?

What I felt was that it was rather easy for me to cooperate with other people. In fact on almost every single project or cooperative work I have done with other people, I am always at ease, and able to communicate with the members in my group to come up with the work or event. I keep finding myself able and happy to work with other people, and every year when I hold this ISpace event with all the other people, I am reminded of how being able to work as a group is very important in life. Cooperating learning is also a Habit of Mind, which is what we are currently learning in AAT too!

No comments:

Post a Comment